Saturday 13 February 2016

Big Ten

Nailed the Big Ten Gulls (I'm making this up as I go along) today in the York area (Larus argentatus, argenteus, michahellis, cachinnans, marinus, graellsii, hyperboreus, glaucoides, ridibundus, canus). Tried very hard for a Med Gull or a Kittiwake in the roost at Wheldrake Ings, but sadly I couldn't find one.
Earlier, I spent a few hours at Rufforth with the highlights being (what I am pretty sure is) a first winter Yellow-legged Gull, two first winter and one second winter Caspian Gulls and two first winter Glaucous Gulls. Sadly, Iceland Gull eluded me, so I headed southeast to do the roost at Wheldrake, and a first winter Iceland Gull was one of the first birds I saw! Not much else of note, apart from a first winter Caspian Gull, female Marsh Harrier, Barn Owl, c1500 Lapwings.

 1w Casp
 Glauc #1

YL Gull
Glauc #2

No comments: